CLASSIC : Pumpkin Spice
CLASSIC : Pumpkin Spice
- There's a subtle gradient going on here. See how the cuff of the sock is grey, and the colours slowly build until you reach the foot?
- I've dyed the whole skein with a mirror image of the striping pattern, so for matching socks you'd cast on from opposite ends of the skein.
- These socks were knit with one skein of yarn. No extra mini required. The burnt orange yarn for the toes and heels is dyed right into the main skein like one big stripe.
- I like to wind the yarn into three separate cakes/balls before casting on. Here's how: starting from either end of the skein, start winding yarn. Notice that the yarn starts out all grey and slowly gets more colourful. Keep winding until you reach the central burnt orange. Cut the yarn. Wind the orange into a separate cake. Cut the yarn. Wind the rest of the yarn. Notice that this final cake starts out with a colourful section and ends in all-grey. If you wish to reverse this so it perfectly matches the first cake, re-wind this cake beginning from the outside.
- To help you visualize how it's dyed, see the sketch of how this skein would look if you knit it into a long tube.
Pattern: Rye Light by Tin Can Knits
This listing is for yarn only. We do not sell knitted items.
We are updating our skeins from 115 g to 100 g (and 170 g to 150 g), with a corresponding decrease in prices. While we transition, you will find both sizes of yarn in the shop.
4-Ply Sock: 75% superwash Merino, 25% nylon
100 g = 425 m (465 yd) | 150 g = 638 m (698 yd)
Our newest yarn is perfect for accessories that need to stand up to wear while being next-to-skin soft.
2-Ply Fingering: 100% superwash Merino
100 g = 339 m (370 yd) | 150 g = 509 m (556 yd)
115 g = 390 m (426 yd) | 170 g = 585 m (639 yd)
A soft yarn with beautiful drape, this is an excellent choice for shawls, scarves and other accessories.
MCN Fingering: 70% superwash Merino, 20% cashmere, 10% nylon
100 g = 322 m (352 yd) | 150 g = 477 m (520 yd)
115 g = 370 m (405 yd) | 170 g = 548 m (599 yd)
This merino/cashmere blend is soft and buttery for next-to-skin wear, with nylon providing extra durability. This versatile yarn is suitable for everything from shawls to hats to socks.
Merino Worsted: 100% superwash Merino
100 g = 171 m (187 yd) | 150 g = 257 m (280 yd)
115 g = 197 m (215 yd) | 170 g = 296 m (323 yd)
A soft, versatile yarn suitable for everything from hats to shawls to sweaters.
Merino Twist Fingering: 80% superwash Merino, 20% nylon
115 g = 405 m (443 yd) | 170 g = 599 m (655 yd)
Our fan-favourite sock yarn. This soft and durable merino/nylon blend has an unusual 8-ply construction giving it great bounce and strength.
Hand wash in cool water or machine wash delicate.
Lay flat to dry.